Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cookies.

Okay. You're right. I'm not even in Spain yet. However, I still wanted to post this. What follows this brief and banal paragragh is the result of the first official culinary collaboration between my sister and I. She does the baking, I do the eating. We didn't have too much going on tonight (despite the fact that I haven't packed a single thing in my suitcase yet), so my sister decided to bake (I believe they're pecan butterscotch chocolate chip cookies) and I decided I wanted to take pictures of cookies. Taisa loves making delicious baked goods, and I love taking pictures. Win win.







For those interested in the photo details, the lighting setup is shown right above. The umbrella in the back (concealing a Nikon SB-24 and a Cactus V2s trigger) served as the key light; backlighting just seems to be the thing in food photography these days. The umbrella in front (SB-600) served as the fill, and the strobe on the side (SB-600, firing through a honeycomb grid set to 16°, I believe) just brought out some detail in different parts of the frame for some of the shots (I didn't use it for every shot).

1 comment:

  1. Mark - those cookies look delicious! You need to make a cookbook with Tai! ;)

    ReplyDelete