Saturday, July 21, 2012

Mountain Biking with Fil

About a week or so back, I put up a post about a little photo project I conjured up for myself to keep my shooting assignments with a more commercial feel (a.k.a. with off-camera flash). This post is the next installment in that series. The photo below is of my cousin Fil (who conveniently happens to be one of my best friends ;). Thanks to my friend and mentor Jon, my cousin and I got into mountain biking several years back, so I figured it'd be a lot of fun to grab some shots of Fil riding. Here's my favorite image from the shoot.



I used three SB-600s, triggered with Pocketwizard MiniTT1/FlexTT5s, to light this shot. The MiniTT1/FlexTT5 system supports high-speed sync, so I was able to kill some of the ambient light by stopping up my shutter speed past 1/250th, the normal sync speed of the camera. I positioned one strobe just out of the frame on the left side of the image, and two just out of the frame on the right.

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment